6.1.08

m.i.a.

I admit I have been terrible at keeping up with this blog in the last month, and to those of you who regularly (or maybe semi-regularly) check in on it, I give you my sincerest apologies. No excuses here. I have been busy, up and down, here and there... I have managed to get a few posts started, but have saved them as drafts in their tidy little e-folders. I enjoy the blog, and enjoy letting you all know what is going on here with me without force-feeding you mass emails - but the there is something about "publishing" a post that encourages hesitation with each entry. (Perhaps my self-conscious tendency rearing it's slightly egocentric head?)

Anyway, I am going to try to do my best to get back at it, and update regularly. I owe you all (and myself) a note on the holidays, which I spent in Corsica with Amy and the Johnston bunch, a note on my brief but meaningful visit to London, and a note on my return to work (which is tomorrow)... For the moment I will leave it at this. I have been homesick lately, contemplating all sorts of deep and meaningful things, and dealing with some anxiety about work. I have to go to bed. Whether or not I will sleep is debatable, but I will try.

in the meantime, I leave you with this... hundreds of Santa's, running for the Heart Foundation, down Broad Street in Birmingham.